Monday, November 9, 2009

Twelve Weeks of Christmas! Shopping!

~ Mr. Snowman says, "Welcome to TWOC, week six!" ~

~ Santa I found on sale last year after Christmas! ~

We are half-way through Red Writing's TWOC Event!

This week we are to share shopping ideas/events/sprees/whatever!


One of my favorite finds is this desktop fireplace. I found it at the Dallas Gift Market and just had to share it with you. The stand is metal; the logs are resin; the candles are tea-lite size, and I found some dark colored candles so they sort of blend in with the "logs."

One set will sit on a table in my bedroom and one on my desk at work. The one at work will have to have battery powered candles in it or I may try to get a string of mini-lites attached to it somehow. That one is still a work in progress.

Next is a shopping spree that my daughters and I took last year the week after Christmas. We always visit a wonderful gift shop located in an old fire station (in Kansas) when we're together. They carry wonderful gift items, and I love to shop there before and after Christmas! Shown here are pictures of some of their decorations in the store (after Christmas) last year!
~ Cute santas and snowmen ~

~ A tree in the store ~


I bought the ornaments shown below on my own little tree last year at half price! Love them!

I love to unpack these kinds of great finds a year later; it feels like they were free! I highly recommend after Christmas shopping - both for gifts and for decorating your own tree and home.


Shop pre-Christmas, too! Our small business owners need our business!

~ Love this snowman! ~

The first two ornaments on this blog post were bought last year at half price!

~ Go forth and shop! ~

~ Shop Early - Shop Often ~

I look forward to the cooler weather, the decorations, the Christmas music, the Salvations Army Bells, even the hustle and bustle.

And, it all happens, Because He Came!

Be sure to visit all the participants at TWOC's week six shopping event!

Click here!


~ Christmas Blessings! ~

Jayne


5 comments:

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

I love the birds. And that Santa at the top!

Maureen said...

Those Christmas ornaments are adorable! I love the desktop fireplace - so unique!

It's Christmas Bazaar season here now. You never know what you will find. Such fun! It also fills a void since garage sale season is over.

Carrie said...

I love the table top fireplace! How clever!

Jenny said...

I've never seen anything like the table top fireplace but it is sure cool! I love your bouncy, positive attitude about Christmas shopping! Thanks for sharing the happiness!

cortney mae said...

oh i bet your house is so cute!
I wish my husband liked crafty stuff more!